Morris v. Tyson
The Public Justice Food Project represents a mass action of poultry growers in Western Kentucky who raise poultry for Tyson, the nation’s largest poultry company. Tyson acts as an “integrator,” controlling all of the inputs used by its poultry growers—such as the birds, feed, and medical care—as well as the processing facilities and contracts for sale. Our clients, like all of Tyson’s growers, essentially act as sharecroppers for Tyson, unable to control their own destiny and being paid under an unfair system.
We allege that both this system and Tyson’s abuse of it violate state law and the federal Packers and Stockyards Act. In particular, we allege that Tyson possesses anti-competitive power and has used that power to manipulate growers’ outputs and income.
- Morris v. Tyson Plaintiff's First Amended Complaint (BriefComplaint)
- Morris v. Tyson Denial of Motion to Dismiss Count Against Tyson (Court OpinionMotion to Dismiss)
- Morris v. Tyson Order Entering Protective Order (BriefCourt Order)
- Morris-v.-Tyson-Dkt.-76-Motion-to-Compel-Outstanding-Discovery (BriefDiscovery)
- Morris-v.-Tyson-Dkt.-174-1-Pltfs-MOL-ISO-Mot-to-Exclude-Anderson-Testimony (BriefExpert DeclarationMisc. Motions)
- Morris-v.-Tyson-Dkt.-222-1-Ex.-A-to-Plaintiffs-Response-to-Defendants-Statement-of-Uncontroverted-Facts (BriefFact SheetMotion for Summary Judgment)
- Morris-v.-Tyson-Dkt.-222-MOL-In-Opp-to-Tyson-MSJ (BriefMotion for Summary Judgment)
- Morris v. Tyson Memorandum Opinion and Order Re Summary Judgment (Court OpinionMotion for Summary Judgment)
- Morris-v.-Tyson-Dkt.-247-Opinion-RE-Stiegert-Testimony (Court OpinionExpert Declaration)
- Morris-v.-Tyson-Dkt.-255-Pltfs-Opp-to-Tysons-Motion-to-Reconsider-the-Courts-Ruling-on-Summary-Jdgmt (BriefMotion for Summary JudgmentMotion to Reconsider)
- Morris-v.-Tyson-Dkt.-256-Pltfs-Opp-to-Tysons-Motion-to-Reconsider-the-Courts-Ruling-on-Steigert-Testimony (BriefExpert DeclarationMotion to Reconsider)